5/03/2009

Little fish swimming with the sharks

Well after taking 9 months off the bike it's good to be back, right before all of my injury's I had started having an interest in trying multi-day endurance events. So like anything else I do,I seem to jump in the deep end and thats just what I did.after only being back on the bike for 2 or 3 months I enter the AZ 300 and it opened my eyes to a whole new world of Adventure. So now I have been bitten by the www.bikepacking.net bug,and what looks to be my next big adventure,the Colorado trail race 530 miles of the unknown. My plan right now is to do 2 or 3 overnighters per month till Aug. to get my setup dialed in. The last event I had no idea what I was doing so I didn't go there to race,just wanted to finish which I did,5th out of 11 but only 4 really raced it. I'll be doing a few events between now and Aug but for training rides only. I hope show up to the CTR ready to race!

1 comment:

Chris said...

Max if you have any CTR questions feel free to drop me a line. It's a lot harder than the AZT but it's beautiful and at least you never have to worry about water!